Python 3 Essential Training is designed to give you a good a good foundation in Python, with all its major features and properties, so you can use it to build powerful and compelling applications for yourself and for your clients
Python 3 Essential Training covers the basic syntax of Python 3, its data structures, its rich object model, and how to create effective applications using this powerful language.
Python 3 Essential Training topics include:
- Python 3 syntax and structure
- A Python 3 quick start for experienced developers
- Creating functions and objects
- Using Python’s built-in objects and classes
- Repeating code with loops and iterators
- Understanding and using conditional expressions
- Creating sequences with generators
- Reusing code with objects and libraries
- Handling errors with exceptions
My Komodo Color Scheme
If you would like to use the color scheme for Komodo that I used for the 2016 edition of my Perl course, here it is. To install it, save the file on your computer, then drag-and-drop it onto the running Komodo app.
The Calynda font is not publicly available, so you’ll need to change the font once it’s installed. Calynda is specifically designed for readability at a large size, so it’s probably not what you want anyway. Menlo on a Mac, or Consolas on a PC is often a good choice. Choose the size that works best for your screen, and your eyes.
Asking for help
If you need help with this course the help request form on lynda.com or Linkedin Learning is designed to help you by collecting the necessary information as you submit your request. I am not able to support these courses directly. If your request requires my assistance, the support staff will contact me.